Advantages of customer departmentalization
- Encourages concentration on customer needs.
- Gives customers feeling that they have understanding supplier (banker).
- Develops expertness in customer area.
- Saves customers' time.
Disadvantages of customer departmentalization
- May be difficult to co-ordinate operations between competing customer demands
- Requires managers and staff expert in customers' problems
- Customer groups may not always be clearly defined (for example, large corporate firms vs. Other corporate businesses)